Have you ever thought about penetrating into someone’s mind in order to immediately become the owner of the unknown knowledge, skill or simply the best recipe of pancakes? It seems unreal. However, if you are eager to get some knowledge, you should find someone willing to share.
Calculate the Cost of an EssayBecome our VIP client
* Final order price might be slightly different depending on the current exchange rate of chosen payment system.
So far, if you are reading this guiding article on how to improve your writing skills while following the advice of an incredibly talented writer Stephen King, you’re on the right way. We’ve decided to ease your searches of the ways to master the writing art, distinguishing the main postulates out of On Writing by Stephen King.
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” Stephen King exposes the idea of the scariest moment to seem unprofessional, too primitive or having no experience in writing that most beginners encounter. Nevertheless, we are not born genii. Only hard work brings success, and as soon as you start working on something, there is no way back but to improve and get better.
- “Optimism is a perfectly legitimate response to failure.” This quote confirms the necessity to never give up and turn your misfortunes into opportunities to learn.
- “Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well.” Don’t you dare to cheat your readers pretending to appeal to their feelings? You should better not, as the truth becomes vivid very soon. Devote your life to what you really like. Put the writing aside unless you take it seriously.
- “Good story ideas seem to come quite literally from nowhere, sailing at you right out of the empty sky: two previously unrelated ideas come together and make something new under the sun. Your job isn’t to find these ideas but to recognize them when they show up.” The point is to use your imagination, to experiment and stay a desperate inventor while writing at any cost.
- “When you write a book, you spend day after day scanning and identifying the trees. When you’re done, you have to step back and look at the forest.”. Writing is a meticulous process, which requires minimum distractions and maximum devotion. Refrain from wasting time on television. Instead, enrich your outlook, vocabulary and emotion’s arsenal reading cognitive books.
- “Writing is a lonely job. Having someone who believes in you makes a lot of difference.” King’s secrets to success are simple. He stays healthy and married. The same advice is for you. It is great to be faithful to your writing process. However, it won’t bring you as much pleasure as a supportive beloved spouse. Don’t become a fanatic, stick to reality!
These are only few valuable pieces of advice, you are welcome to use in practice. For more useful tips, we highly recommend you to read Stephen King’s On Writing. Believe me that you will not regret!
Apr 12, 2017 in Essay Writing Help