Today, technology made electronic books (e-books) very popular among children. They may include animated pictures, sound effects, music, and games. However, many parents are concerned about the time their kids spend in front of screens and hesitate whether they should allow using e-books. Read on and you will get to know the answer to that question.
Best books for children: what are they?
Both paper and e-books have their benefits. The main advantages of e-books include:
Calculate the Cost of an EssayBecome our VIP client
* Final order price might be slightly different depending on the current exchange rate of chosen payment system.
- Learning early literacy skills due to the dictionaries, highlighted words, games, and pictures.
- Longer interaction with parents.
- Improving vocabulary and word structure understanding in children with developmental delays.
- Opportunity to read repeatedly and independently.
- Accessibility and convenience.
- Sharing e-books with parents enhances understanding.
Despite all these advantages, e-books should not replace paper books completely. The undeniable benefits of paper books include:
Limited Time offer!
Get 19% OFF
- Parents talk more about the story, linking its aspects to personal experiences and explaining certain events.
- Kids learn more details about the story from paper books.
- Fewer distractions, compared to the games, buttons, and interactive links in e-books.
Taking into consideration all these benefits and disadvantages, it is a good idea to use both paper and e-books. Choosing e-books follow certain recommendations to improve your child’s understanding. Pictures, music, and animations ought to be linked to the story. It is better when interactive features and games become active only when the narrator has finished reading. Key words should be highlighted and a dictionary provided for challenging words. The e-book needs to have “forward” and “backward” buttons, as well as repeated reading options to allow rereading certain pages, sentences, and words.
Remember that the best way to help your child understand the story is your active participation. You can enjoy the e-book with your kid in different ways:
What are you waiting for?
Order with 15% discount NOW!
- Try the “read-only” mode during the first reading, limiting games and interactive features.
- Discuss the story with your child.
- Connects the story events to your personal experiences to deepen your child’s perception. Also, discuss the causes and possible consequences of the events.
- Explain complicated words and events.
Reading is a wonderful experience for your child. To make it even better, take part in it. You will not only improve your child’s skills, but also create a special bond with him or her.
Jan 18, 2017 in News